D A I L Y R E A D I N G
D A I L Y D E V O
(Part 2 of 2) If you desire to have the kind of confidence that is deeply rooted in your faith in Christ, be confident in the way that you show love to others. Don’t hold back on showing love because:
- You don’t think you’re outgoing or social enough
- You aren’t sure if people will like you or how they will receive you
- You’ve been rejected in the past and you don’t want to experience that again
- You go to a church or are apart of a community of Christians where people are really good at loving one another, so you don’t really feel like you’re needed
- You’re in need of love yourself
The thing about love is this: whether we articulate it or not, we all need it. But more importantly, we all need the love that comes from Jesus. So knowing that we all need to receive love, we all need to be responsible for giving it, too!
Don’t let your fears and doubts of showing others love keep you from confidently loving others like Christ. God is not asking you to be perfect before you start loving people. Instead, He’s looking for you to be obedient and to trust in His Word…which commands you to love!
So set aside everything that has kept you from truly showing love to your co workers, fellow church members, or classmates. Set aside whatever brokenness or reservations that keep you from loving your family members and loved ones with confidence. In Jesus’ name, God will give you the strength to love with confidence even in the most difficult situations. But first, you have to be willing!
Morgan Harper Nichols