D A I L Y R E A D I N G
D A I L Y D E V O
(Part 2 of 3) When it comes to the confidence that you have when you’re at work or at school or with people that you’re close to, it’s important to know these two things: what’s draining you and what’s fueling you. Yes, it’s true that you are God’s handiwork and He wants to use you for His glory, but if your life is filled with things that only take you further and further away from Him, you’re going to find that it’s more and more difficult to stay focused on what He’s calling you to do.
When it comes to the things that might be draining or fueling you, take a close look at:
- The kind of people you’re around and the relationships you’re building.
- The kind of music you listen to and entertainment you watch.
- How you choose to spend your days off or your alone time.
- Who you spend your lunch break with at work or school and what kinds of things you’re talking about.
- How much time you’re spending in God’s Word and in prayer and worship.
Are these things uplifting you and preparing you for the work God has called you to do, or are they drawing you further and further away from God and causing you to be less focused? When it comes to spending time with God, you really have to keep this at the center of your life! If you feel like you’re being drained and you’re not getting what you need out of life, take a close look at how much time you’re spending with Jesus, the One who is the source of all life. Listening to uplifting music or hanging out with encouraging friends can be great fuel in your life, but the ultimate fuel is Jesus. He came to give you life. Even when you’re at your job, or at your college, or at home…let this be the source of your confidence!
Morgan Harper Nichols