Don’t let anyone toss your heart around because they don’t know what they want. Your heart is valuable and it belongs to God. Wait for the man who is ready to not only acknowledge that, but cherish it too.
The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord.
– Proverbs 18:22
Be careful with your heart. You can’t just give it to anyone who has a nice look and seems fun “to talk to.” With every little interaction, every moment you spend together, you’re giving a little piece of your heart to that person. Even if you’re a woman with standards and you carry yourself in that way, that doesn’t mean your heart still can’t get hurt if you aren’t careful. Pray EVERY day asking the Lord to show you the difference between guarding your heart and putting up walls around your heart. Ask Him to show you and guide you through those situations where:
- You’re telling yourself you’re “just friends” even though you know you’re developing feelings
- You find yourself wondering if he’s talking to someone else or if he’s losing interest in you because he found someone else
- You’re looking at your phone, rereading his text messages, looking at his snaps on Snapchat, and wondering if you should text him again
- You’re spending so much time with your friends dissecting his texts and messages and wondering what they mean
- You’re on the fence as to if you should re-enter that relationship, because sometimes he seems like he’s changing, and other times, it’s not
- You find yourself being attracted to the kind of guy who never seems to look your way, and then you begin to evaluate what’s wrong with you
In all of these things, your heart is getting tossed around back and forth. You’re in a position where you’re probably feeling so many different things. You want to just talk to him, but you don’t feel like you can. You want to talk to your friends, but you’re starting to think they’re tired of hearing this same old story. If that’s you right now, understand that you’ve got to go to the Lord. Not a guy. Not your friends. Not even yourself. Go to Him. Ask Him to give you the strength to the wait for the one that cherishes you and doesn’t toss your heart around. Through Jesus Christ, you have value. You have worth. So go to the Lord asking Him to preserve your heart, as you await what He has in store.