Trust and believe that God has a purpose for your singleness. It is not a mistake that you are single and you are not a mistake. Trust His plan. It’s worth it.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6
God is the only one with blue prints of your life. He is the only one with an outline of how everything will play out! So when you find yourself in a situation where you’re stressed, you’re worrying, you’re confused, or discouraged, just that God has all the answers, so trust Him when:
- You’re looking in the mirror and you don’t think you’re pretty enough
- You’re looking at what you haven’t accomplished yet and you don’t think you’re good enough
- You’re staring at your phone waiting for a text message or a phone call
- You’re wondering if you could ever love again because your heart has been so broken
- You’re convincing yourself that due to your lack of “experience” by the world’s standards that you have no chance at a godly relationship
- You’re insecure about what you have experienced and think that no godly man would ever be interested in you because of it
- You’re on the fence if you should speak up about something or just stay quiet
- You’re the only one in your circle who seems to want to live right
- You’re the only one in your circle who seems to not be in a godly intentional relationship
- You’re the one woman that guys never seem to look at
- You’re in your late 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and you’re wondering if there’s anyone out there
- You’re in your teens or early 20s and you’re feeling the pressure to date
Whatever it is that you’re not sure about, know that none of these things are too big for God. They may be too big for your friends to handle or your family to handle, and even too big for YOU to handle, but don’t allow yourself to start leaning on your own understanding. God is the one who you must lean on. He alone is the one you must trust. So take your worries, doubts, and insecurities to Him. Trust Him, nothing that is happening in your singleness or any other area of life is a mistake.