If a guy has recently let you down, now is not the time to harden your heart and be angry. It’s time to keep on being kind, compassionate, and forgiving like Jesus, ready to embrace what God has for the future.
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” – Ephesians 4:32
It’s not right for you to be led on by a guy or mistreated by someone you thought you could trust. It’s not a good feeling to be up in the middle of the night, wondering what went wrong and why you didn’t see it coming. It’s never any comfort waking up in the morning and not being excited about anything anymore and feeling like you’re just surviving and not thriving in anything.
But even in the hardest of moments, don’t let it harden your heart. Just because someone you thought you could trust hurt you, it doesn’t mean that God can’t heal your heart. It doesn’t mean that God still can’t move through you to be an example of His faithfulness. So keep on being kind. Keep on loving people. Always be wise and seek accountability, but don’t feel like you can no longer desire a godly husband because of the guy that broke your heart. Don’t feel like you can’t smile in a particular person’s presence because of what they said behind your back. Keep on being kind and focusing more on your relationship with Jesus and who He is making you to be! Worry less about:
- What you wish you could text that particular person
- What you wish someone would see in you
- What people might be saying behind your back
- What a certain guy might be doing tonight
- Why someone posted a certain status or picture on social media and if it was directed at you
- The person who broke your heart, and wishing they could feel the same pain you felt
- That certain clique that you don’t belong to
- Those people who seem to be succeeding much more than you
Whoever it is, whatever it is, none of these things should overshadow all that you gain by embracing Jesus. Jesus is the one you need right now. Even if “all you want” is a text back or a little extra cash in the bank account, make Jesus all you want because He is all you need, as you prepare for what is up ahead!