The thriving church:
One of the most effective ways to thrive in Christ is by being part of a church fellowship. We each have a part to play in ensuring that our church community is thriving too. The church we see in acts 2 was a thriving church. Their numbers increased every single day! Looking at the early church we can learn what made this church thrive:
– They spent time in God’s word
– They all spent time in fellowship together
– They prayed with each other and for each other
– They were generous with each other
As a woman called by God to extend God’s kingdom here on Earth, we have a duty to help his church thrive. We can do this by:
– Getting serious about the teaching of God. We need to take time to delve deeper into his word.
– Investing in strong friendships with those in your church. Maybe you have noticed someone who always seems on the outside, why not welcome them in
– Developing a vibrant prayer life by taking time to pray with and pray for the people in your church.
– Practicing generosity by giving to those around you.
The greatest thing about all these things is not only will it help your church to be a thriving church but it will bring you to a deeper level in your faith with your heavenly father and help your spiritual life to thrive too.
Daily Reading: Acts 2:40-45